Re: Is there a de facto standard Chinese PostScript font name?

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, rigel wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 01:34:32PM +0800, Cosmos wrote:
> >
> >  Type 3 can embedded scalable font.
>
> Theoretically yes, practically never see one example. Not a trivia job!

	I have make a demo for this, using FreeType.

	http://www.cis.nctu.edu.tw/~gis88564/test.ps

> >  Maybe we can convert the public arphicpl font to Type 3, and used it as
> > de facto chinese ps font.
>
> Do we need to do that now that we can print using CID font and ttf font?
> Besides, how do you physically make a Type 3 font? By definition, it's embedded
> in ps file and always produced by application programs. Perhaps you meant
> a library for every application to call when they need to produce Type3
> Chinese font?

	no.

	With correct configuration, we can use a Type3 as gs provided.

	Within ps file, we can just write as above.

/KaiSu-Regular findfont 24 scalefont setfont
100 440 moveto
(永abcdf龍) show

	If you wish have a demo, I could make another.