Re: 有關xfree86 4.0.2-1 和 xcin 2.5.2-1

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 11:15:53PM +0800, granziliao@sinamail.com wrote:
> 我現在把我的問題歸納如下:
> 1. xcin 必須完全和crxvt 配合使用才能在 gnome程式中輸入
>   中文,舉例來說,如果我想在Gedit 編輯中文文件
>   我必須執行xcinterm-big5然後在crxvt輸入gedit 叫出
>   Gedit才能在Gedit上編輯中文,而在xfree86 3.3.6-10
>   所有的gnome程式符合XIM規范,不必這麼麻煩,而我在
>   ~/.bashrc 中已經加入
>    export LANG=zh_TW.Big5
>    export  LC-CTYPE=zhTW.Big5
>    export  XMODIFERS=@im=xcin
>  依然沒有幫助

I should not talk here cuz I still use 3.3.6 in my box.
Though I think it might be that xinit no longer source
/etc/environment anymore. xinit won't respect environment
set in your ~/.bashrc. So your environmet is basically
unset when you are in X. I have my own /.xsession file
and my locale environment are set in it.

When you start a xcinterm-big5, it start a shell for
you. And your shell read your ~/.bashrc. Any program
start from that shell will inherite your shell environment.

> 2.升級後 /usr/lib/X11/locale 只有 zh_TW.big5 這個目錄
>    不知道和 xcin 不能正常運作有沒有直接關系

Should be okey.

--
Best regard