Re: Subject: Re: Is there anybody interested in supporting GB18030 in debian?

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 12:53:01PM -0500, thomas@atlas.datexx.com wrote:
> Oops.
>
> I forgot to say that it is also because of GB13000.1 that Unicode 3.0 has
> the "Ideographic Description Characters" (IDC).

Interesting finding in your mails. Very informative. Regarding
GB18030, the reason we want to support it is because it is
mandatory in mainland. If we don't support it, Linux
distributors/companies cannot sale their systems 'legally'.
And Linux will not be choosen by organizations and commercial
institudes because of lacking support for GB18030.

I do agree there should be some 'brutal force' to push for
Unicode adoption. People are lazy or has great inertia. someone
have to do the initiative.

--
Best regard
hashao