Re: Is there anybody interested in supporting GB18030 in debian?

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 03:38:20AM -0700, rigel863@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 06:22:14PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> PS: when I played with MS unicode font, for about a couple minutes as the
> font is being loaded, my computer looks like dead, totally no response.
> Thinking that GB18030 font will be even bigger, it's kind of scary.

That happened even you used the "-deferglyphs all" against the
Xserver? I think every CJK user normally use at least
'-deferglyphs 16'.

Anyway, font loading in X is undergoing some big overhaul. font
will be handled by client side (with xlib) and optimized...
X server won't freeze anymore, hopefully.

Size is not the problem. Afterall, MS windows handle those
fonts with no problem.

--
Best regard
hashao