Re: Is there anybody interested in supporting GB18030 in debian?

ha shao <hashao@chinese.com> writes:
> We have to bring our users usable environment. If mark-ably doesn't like
> it, we will roll in ourselves. GB18030 is mandatory in mainland. If it
> is not supported, mainland user won't use it or think it is not complete.

Oh yeah. I totally agree. ;)

But on this specific GB18030 issue here. I don't agree. Unicode is
IMHO, and in many others not so humble opinions, _the_ solution for
I18N while GB18030 is just a thingy on the road. A government ruling
means very few in Free Software world, I think.

Oh yes whether XFree86 will support GB18030 or not is up to the
developers. Sure. ;)

I just sincerely hope people especially people work for Free Software
don't waste their time doing duplicated or even inferior works.

Okay, okay, I will shut up my wide mouth... ;)

--
zhaoway