Re: AbiWord

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 03:18:56PM +0800, Lincoln Leung wrote:
> I downloaded the debian package of AbiWord 0.7.12 from AbiSource but
> failed to install it on my Debian (potato). It complained of lots of
> dependencies problems. Then, I downloaded the staticically-linked version
> instead. It was installed successfully. But when I triggered it, the
> following error messages were prompted:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
> Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

Please check to see if you have the file
/usr/share/locale/zh_TW.Big5/LC_COLLATE.  If not, please download the latest
locales_2.1.3-17.  It is still at  http://incoming.debian.org/
at the moment, but will soon be installed on http://security.debian.org/
and proposed-updates too.

Once locales_2.1.3-17 is officially installed, we will post this "fix" to
the zh_TW.Big5 "missing LC_COLLATE" problem for all the Debian 2.2r2 users
who have suffered this problem.  (My apologies.)

Thanks,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada