Re: How to set sources.list to install Woody packages ?

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 11:18:52PM +1300, shenkr@ihug.co.nz wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:11:59 +0800
> > > Hi, I used to be able to update Woody package list and install
> > packages
> > > but failed recently. There is one line in my sources.list as "deb
> > > ftp://ftp.nz.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free". Is it
> > wrong
> > > or needs some changes ? Tks. Jason
> > >
> Sorry didn't make it clear enough. There is no error message and the
> mirror site is definitely working. I don't have any problem to login and
> browse the contents of the site by using FTP client.
>
> I'm using console-apt to do the update and install packages. The problem
> is that I can't find the packages in "console-apt package list" which I am
> quite sure they are there. This is what i meant "failed" to install. Have
> tried another mirror site in NZ and Australia but with no luck and the
> problem is same. Any help ?    Tks. Jason

hmm.... have no clue. how can you be sure the package exist? maybe they
are replaced by other packages. you know those packages exist because
you can 'see' them using dpkg, dselect or apt-get? if that is the case,
maybe it is console-apt's bug. You can fill a bugreport against it.
If you find them throught the package search from the debian.org, try
search them with dpkg, dselect, or apt-get.

I can not see problem with your sources.list file.

--
Best regard
hashao