Re: gnome programs no longer work with libc6 2.2-1

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 05:00:41PM +0800, Jonathan Chang wrote:
> Hi, there,
> All my gnome programs (especially, panel) stop working after upgrading to
> libc6 2.2-1. Since panel produces no error messages, I still don't know
> how to solve it.
>
> PS: I use helix-gnome from HelixCode.

native deb works, as i could tell.

but things' complicated:
the new xlibs -3(?) conflict w/ libxfs-xtt which xfs-xtt depends on,
and some arphic packages depends on xfs-xtt, blahblah,

so my suggestion is, don't rush too fast to x4 and glibc 2.2 and ...
till the dust settled down a little. :)

and xcin seems have some problem to work w/ x4 etc? right now xcin
can't get chinese input to be activated thru comb-keys on my system.

zw