Re: Could not start mozilla M17

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 03:27:25PM +0000, Jason wrote:
> I'd removed ~/.mozilla directory and the problem is still the same. It
> will recreate ~/.mozilla directory but the error message came out just
> after starting mozilla.  Any other possibilities ?

Ouch .. now I remembered, I had the same problem too.  Try the
following:

1. (as root) apt-get remove mozilla.  You should get a series of
   messages saying "directory not empty"
2. (as root) rm -rf /usr/lib/mozilla
3. rm -rf ~/.mozzila
4. (as root) apt-get install mozilla.

This worked for me.

> BTW, I just found my netscape-4.75 can not display Chinese chracters
> correctly on java pages. Is there any font or package I missed ?

I have never been able to get Netscape's Java to show any Chinese ...

--
  Roger So                                            telnet://e-fever.org
  spacehunt at e-fever dot org                          SysOp, e-Fever BBS