Re: After upgrading locale doesn't work

>>>>> "jim" == jim  <jim@mail.antstudio.org> writes:

    jim> Dear all, Just a few minutes ago I still had a working Chinese
    jim> environment(woody with task -chinese-s, task-chinese-t and cpanel
    jim> installed), but now I cannot see even a sin gle Chinese char in X!
    jim> All the chars appeared as unrecognizable ones. :((

    jim> The single reason for this is that I did an "apt-get dist-upgrade"
    jim> after I saw there's a new locales pkg available.

The libc6 package breaks locale completely when it moves to 2.2 beta: no
locale file is generated.  Now this thing should be fixed, maybe you're
using a mirror that still didn't upgrade.  (I'm using 2.1.94-3.)

But there are still a whole lot of things that break.  E.g.: now ls shows
Chinese for dates, so Emacs dirmode fails completely.  Of course, a stable
system without something break is a very boring system. :P

Regards,
Isaac.