New Debian m68k Packages
These m68k packages were installed into the Debian hierarchy in the
----- MEDIUM Urgency Packages -----------
login 961025-1 -> 961025-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/base
passwd 961025-1 -> 961025-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/base
secure-su 961025-1 -> 961025-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/admin
shadow (961025-2) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
* Fix useradd -D segfault (8098, 8152, 8733).
* Fix shadowconfig - permfix only on xlock; /etc/init.d/xdm rewrite, chmod
(8102, 8320, 8333, 8708).
* Remove HOWTO from usr/doc/passwd as it's in linux-doc (8150).
* Fixes to su.1 (8153).
* login, passwd, su each conflict and replace with the old shadow-*
version. (8269, 8290, 8393, 8394).
* Put /etc/shells back in passwd (8328).
* Fixed login.postinst for upgrade from shadow-login (8392).
* Added -e to pwck for use in shadowconfig: reports only errors, no
* Wrote shadowconfig.8 (8588).
vm 6.28-1 -> 6.30-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/mail
vm (6.30-1) unstable; urgency=medium
* New upstream bug fixing release. Excerpted changes:
* vm-mail-send: rename and/or delete the composition buffer
before trying to make the replied/forward/etc. attribute
change, since the user might abort that action.
E.g. "... really edit the buffer?"
* changed code to use XEmacs 20.2 MULE variables and functions
instead of the 20.0 functions.
* treat inlined message/rfc822 like multipart/mixed except we also
insert the forwarded headers message and decode any encoded
words in them.
* support enriched-mode in composition buffers.
* replaced some repeated calls to car with varrefs.
* vm-make-presentation-copy: bind inhibit-read-only to disable
read-only text properties before calling erase-buffer.
* vm-rfc1153-or-rfc934-burst-message: don't insert a traling
message separator if we're bursting the first message.
* rewrote vm-menu-support-possible-p to not factor device type
into it's decision. For a multi-device XEmacs what is not
possible now might be possible later, so let the menus be
instaited even if they aren't necessarily visible on the
currently selected device.
* default value of vm-honor-mime-content-disposition now nil.
* disable the setting of stack-trace-on-error for now.
* fixed a few places where MIME layout vectors were created with
too many slots and one place with too few slots.
* Makefile: doc fixes
* Shapiro typo fixes.
----- Low Urgency Packages --------------
alien 4.2 -> 4.3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/admin
alien (4.3) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed a bug that made alien choke on packages that had 0 for their
release or version number.
* Removed obsolete alien.sh from the source package.
alien 4.3 -> 5.0 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/admin
alien (5.0) unstable; urgency=low
* Added some cautions to man page about not using alien to replace
* This version will be released to the linux community at large, not just
* Added a README file.
angband-doc 2.81.1 -> 2.81.2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
angband-doc (2.81.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added menu entry for the HTML documentation.
angband-doc 2.81.2 -> 2.81.3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
angband-doc (2.81.3) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed a minor typo.
debian-policy 18.104.22.168 -> 22.214.171.124 into bo/binary-all/doc
debian-policy 126.96.36.199 -> 188.8.131.52 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
debian-policy (184.108.40.206) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed an email address, an URL, and several typos in chapter 6 (#9358)
* Added new virtual package "wordlist" to list (requested by Joey Hess)
* Changed wording in section about "non-free" packages as suggested
by Kai Henningsen (#7076)
debiandoc-sgml 1.0.7 -> 1.0.8 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
debiandoc-sgml (1.0.8) unstable; urgency=low
* Moved dtd into /usr/lib/sgml/dtd (fixed bug #8485).
* Moved "general" entities into /usr/lib/sgml/entities.
* Added dependency on sgml-base.
* Uses install-sgmlcatalog to install SGML catalog file.
doc-iana 1997.03-1 -> 1997.05-1 into bo/binary-all/doc
doc-iana 1997.04-1 -> 1997.05-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
doc-iana (1997.05-1) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Docs as of 1997-05-05
e2fsprogs 1.10-1 -> 1.10-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/base
e2fsprogs (1.10-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Add 'ldconfig' to postinst (should fix #9020).
* Define HAVE_NETINET_IN_H on alpha/glibc.
kernel-package 3.28 -> 3.29 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/misc
kernel-package (3.29) unstable; urgency=low
* Kernel-image and kernel-doc now suggest each other.
* Also recognize powerpc as a synonym for ppc in determining whether
we use zImage or bzImage by default.
* Fixed up some typos in documentation
* Added rules target kernel_doc. This fixes BUG#9138
* Also install .config file under /usr/doc. This fixes BUG#9298
lapack-doc 2.0.1-1 -> 2.0.1-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/devel
lapack-doc (2.0.1-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed bug 8986 by removing lapack man page (installed by lapack package).
* Fixed bug 9194 by deleting erroneous man page zbcon.3
latex2html 96.1.h-3 -> 96.1.h-4 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/tex
latex2html (96.1.h-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Edited the documentation to reflect the fact that the cnverted files
will work just fine when published on a HTTP server using the standard
Document Root /var/www, but additional installation may be required if
a non-standard Document Root is being used.
* Changed HTML_VERSION in latex2html.config to 3.1 to support HTML tables
and Font size changes by default.
* Added symlinks to icons under /var/www so that the files converted by
LaTeX2HTML can be viewd directly using a HTML browser, or put in a
directory visible from the local HTTP server and viewd through the HTTP
server. The solution is ugly, but it works, and should fix BUG#8536
* Changed maintaner name in control file as well
latex2html 96.1.h-4 -> 96.1.h-5 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/tex
latex2html (96.1.h-5) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed icon locations for the HTML files generated.
* Added menu entry for the HTML documentation.
lesstif-bin 0.76-1 -> 0.79-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/devel
lesstif 0.76-1 -> 0.79-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/libs
lesstif-dbg 0.76-1 -> 0.79-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/devel
lesstif-dev 0.76-1 -> 0.79-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-m68k/devel
lesstif (0.79-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
psgml 1.0.1-1 -> 1.0.1-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
psgml (1.0.1-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added a menu entry for the HTML documentation.
vm 6.30-1 -> 6.30-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/mail
vm (6.30-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added README.hilit19
* Added a menu entry for the HTML documentation
wswedish 1.1-2 -> 1.1-3 into bo/binary-all/text
wswedish 1.1-2 -> 1.1-3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/text
wswedish (1.1-3) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Provides: wordlist
xemacs19 19.15 -> 19.15-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-i386/editors
xemacs19-support 19.15 -> 19.15-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/editors
xemacs19-supportel 19.15 -> 19.15-2 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/editors
xemacs (19.15-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Applied all patches from the official 19.15 patch page
* Changed ownership of movemail to root.mail, and set it sgid. Fixes
bug #8915, and #8738 and #8765
* Added Remove line for xemacs19-support for xemacs-support, and
xemacs-widget (fixes part of bug #8916 and #9068)
* Removed xemacs19 providing emacs. Fixes part of bug # 8916 and part
* Added def for chown in 00debian.el (loaded at startup). Fixes bug
* Added Helmut Geyer's code to fix keypad. Added as file 50keypad.el.
Fixes bug #9061
* Just so people will know. The package names are now xemacs19 so that
you can install both xemacs 20 and 19 at once. Normally not useful,
but it could be so didn't see any reason not to do it this way.
* Fixed info file to point to correct directory, and have correct caps
* Fixed man pages getting overwritten by adding them as slaves in the
update-alternatives command line (bug #8717 & #8724)
* Unfortunately .elc's are automatically generated, and dpkg-source (as
far as I can see can't be told a set of files to ignore), so added
perl script to remove all elcs that dpkg-source complains about. This
slows down compiling considerably. Just removing all the elcs is a
worse option (FYI :).
xemacs19 19.15-2 -> 19.15-3 into hamm/hamm/binary-i386/editors
xemacs19-support 19.15-2 -> 19.15-3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/editors
xemacs19-supportel 19.15-2 -> 19.15-3 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/editors
xemacs (19.15-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Fixed man page location so they are no longer in man/man1.xemacs19
* Fixed typo in postinst -slave => --slave.
xbooks 3.2-4 -> 3.2-5 into bo/binary-all/x11
xbooks 3.2-4 -> 3.2-5 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/x11
xfree86 (3.2-5) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Fix as many bugs as safely practical for 1.3 release.
* programs/Xserver/os/connection.c (AuthAudit): use ntohs to print
sin_port correctly in auth reject message. [#1796]
* debian/create-arch-xdevel, debian/create-arch-xbase: move imake, xmkmf
into xdevel (since they're useless without the config files that are
there, and they're evil.) [#3073]
* debian/xbase-preinst: check if xdm, xfs are already running (using
start-stop-daemon --stop --signal 0) and don't prompt if they aren't
* programs/rstart/rstart, programs/rstart/rstart.man: use hostname --long,
and document this. [#3267]
* debian/xbase/X11/Xsession: filter comments out of
* debian/xbase/X11/xdm/Xstartup: drop obey-nologin, require
ignore-nologin to permit user login even if /etc/nologin is present,
and display it anyway (but don't exit). [#3734]
* programs/xconsole/xconsole.c (inputReady): call OpenConsole again when
read of input stream fails. Should now handle syslogd HUP. [#3751]
* programs/xinit/startx.cpp: use mcookie to generate MIT-MAGIC_COOKIE-1
cookie value for display specified. [#4233]
* config/util/mkdirhier.sh: eliminate empty path components. [#4509]
* programs/xauth/process.c (auth_finalize): don't attempt to print
xauth_filename if it hasn't been set yet. [#4518]
* debian/xserver-postinst: check for default X server already set,
default to no change if so, default to setting it if not. [#4737]
* programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/xf86config/xf86config.c (screen_configuration):
add missing quotes to config_modesline8bpp setting. [#5281]
* programs/xterm/main.c (spawn): if tgetent doesn't actually fill in a
termcap entry (like the ncurses fake termcap emulation does) then
don't bother to set the size in it, and don't stuff it into the
environment, since if TERMCAP isn't there things will get the size
correctly from the tty. [#5971]
* programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/doc/Imakefile (OTHERDOCS): since
README.Config refers to it, uncomment VideoModes.doc so it gets
* debian/xbase-preinst: check for n* or N* for stopping xdm/xfs [#6703]
* config/cf/Imake.rules (MakeDirectories): add semicolon between fi and
done for correctness (and compatibility with new bash) [#7226]
* debian/create-arch-xbase: install x11perfcomp helper scripts [#7398]
* programs/xf86dga/Imakefile: don't install dga demo setuid [#7910]
* debian/xserver-wrapper.c: permit non-privileged -showconfig [#8348]
* debian/create-indep-xbooks: recompress xbooks one directory at a time,
for space efficiency during build.
* debian/xbase-configure: Only add new local entry if we can't find a
plausible (not exact) one there.
* config/cf/Project.tmpl (MakeXkbDir): add clean rule for .dir files so
they don't leak into source diffs.
----- New Packages ----------------------
angband-doc 2.81.1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/doc
angband-doc - Documentation for the roguelike game Angband
data-dumper 2.07-1 into hamm/hamm/binary-all/interpreters
data-dumper - Store and retrieve perl data structures
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .