Re: simple-cdd: Non-free firmware is included in Buster image, but not in Bullseye image

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the link to your "cdd" project. I tried it out on a machine running Bullseye to see what I could learn, and noticed two things:

1) I think it was trying to build a Buster image, even when running on Bullseye; and

2) It kept crashing before actually building the image.

Perhaps the crashes were due to being run on Bullseye rather than Buster, or maybe it was some mistake I was making.

Anyway, at the moment my key concern is whether it's possible to include firmware in a Bullseye image built by simple-cdd on a Bullseye machine. I'm wondering if there's a bug stopping that.

So my questions are:

1) Have you ever used your "cdd" project to build a Bullseye image which included firmware on a Bullseye machine?

2) And do you know of any other projects which have successfully used simple-cdd to build a Bullseye image which included firmware on a Bullseye machine?

Cheers,

Scott

P.S. Thanks for picking up that di / d-i typo in my code. Interestingly, it hasn't been causing me any problems, but I'll look into it :)