Firmware packages not included in CD despite using FORCE_FIRMWARE=1 (maybe unofficial Debian ISOs affected as well)

Hi,

I have created some custom Debian Installer CDs using simple-cdd. Some of them
were supposed to contain the firmware packages and I've created them exporting
FORCE_FIRMWARE=1 in profiles/firmware.conf and including this profile via
profiles and auto_profiles for simple-cdd. I'm pretty sure it worked as
expected a month ago.

Today I discovered that according to the image package list the images do no
longer contain any firmware packages despite the fact that I export this
variable. I already downgraded debian-cd and simple-cdd to check if an update
is to blame. But nothing.

Anybody an idea what is going on or how to debug it? I'd really aprreciate your
help.

[1]
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.8.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-10.8.0-amd64-netinst.iso

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert