Install Problem

Dear Steve, et al.
Thanks for your efforts on trying to bundle non-free with a simple net install media.

I tried it on an HP Pavilion G6 that had Windows 8.1.  Freed up some space and gave it a go.

Everything seems to finish correctly, but upon restart there is no boot to grub, no Ethernet network connection and no video.

If I press F9 during boot, I can see the Debian option and that takes me to grub.

However, when selecting the first option, I see things trying to load, and then get to a blank screen and blinking cursor.

Upon trying it again, I choose the advanced options which will boot to a terminal prompt, but there is no network connection available.   (connect: Network is unreachable)

It seems that the installer should look to identify the existing hardware and let the user confirm the choices and match up non-free drivers that way.

Thought you'd like to know.

Regards,
Michael