Re: posible wrong alert about malware at ISO but telling anyway

Hi,

All clean / no alerts, from umu.se

https://ftp.acc.umu.se/cdimage/archive/9.12.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-9.12.0-i386-netinst.iso
https://ftp.acc.umu.se/cdimage/archive/9.13.0/i386/iso-cd/debian-9.13.0-i386-netinst.iso

Thank you
Fernando Oliveira

Às 10:03 de 04-11-2020, Thomas Schmitt escreveu:
Hi,

Fernando Oliveira wrote:
When downloading today debian 9.13 i386 netinstall, or debian 9.12 i386
netinstall, my bitdefender anti-virus gave me an alert they have virus or
malware. I do not believe it, but telling anyway :-)
The problem is known:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2020/07/msg00056.html
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2020/10/msg00010.html

The offending byte patterns are most probably not in the ISO but in other
files on the server which offers the ISO:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2020/11/msg00005.html

Can you confirm that you get the ISO from umu.se ?
E.g. by a wget run to download the ISO which reports
  Location: https://saimei.ftp.acc.umu.se/...

Have a nice day :)

Thomas

--

Fernando Oliveira
Instituto Português do Mar e da Atmosfera

NIF: 510 265 600
Fax: +351 218 402 468
Telefone: +351 218 447 000
Direto: +351 218 447 018