Re: Firefox claims i386 images contain virus or malware

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

Hi,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
Previously, this seemed to be caused by another (unrelated) download
from the same server in Sweden.

Do i understand right that it is not about the ISO and its content but
rather about other files which are offered by the same server ?

Well, as far as we know, yes. It is hard though, because the process is very opaque and all documentation is geared towards cases of running a "product website" with "your products" etc.

Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
Google has decided that a) annother ancient win95 antivirus binary is evil
and b) [worse] a current free software projects' USB-SD-creator.exe is evil.

If my puzzled theory is right and Google stays as it is, then it might
become necessary to separate Debian ISOs from software from other worlds.

Well, it is non-trivial to make separate servers for 50+ different free software projects we mirror here, at least as long as we need to support legacy IPv4.

/Mattias Wadenstein