Re: Towards Debian Buster Alpha 4

Hi Cyril,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Being back from a rather busy quarter, I'd like to resume releasing d-i
> more frequently. I'd like to publish a new alpha somewhen during the
> next few days/weeks (if that's fine with debian-cd).
>
> If you have changes pending in master branches that need uploading, or
> specific packages that need to reach testing, please mention which, and
> why.

I seem to have volunteered to do something about getting the blends
selection in d-i to be a thing.

What do you think about reinstating my "simplified-tasksel" stuff as a
starting point?  At least that would allow the blends tasks to be put
back in, without normal users being bothered with a vast menu.[1]

On the other hand, some sort of multi-level menu in tasksel might well
be better, but I've not really worked out what that should look like.

If we come up with something better, and then I'll try to make that a
reality, but I'd like to hear what you think is going to be acceptable.

Cheers, Phil.

[1] I can choose one of the variants of that and do it as a
pu/... branch against the current master -- I was looking at the
previous versions that were done in the heat of the moment, and failing
to decide which version would be preferable, so that's another reason
I'm looking for feedback about it.