Re: Firmware in netinst (.deb) and in firmware/ (separate files)

Thank you.

I just want fix, that the 2nd address should be
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/
(without /firmware/)
and that netinst should be used from it, which is not easy to understand:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/9.2.1+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:45:11AM +0100, Mirek Zvolský wrote:
>One question more for the next (notebook) installation.
>I understand now that I should use netinst installer directly from debian.org
>(green button).
>
>It contains firmware/...deb file.
>
>Is this debian package the same thing as separate firmware/ files from
>http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/ ?
>
>Or the .deb file has only free firmware
>and inside unofficial/non-free/firmware/
>are more firmware files (non-free) for more different hardware types?

The official netinst only contains free firmware. As you've already
found, there are non-free firmware bundles available too. We also have
netinst and DVD images with the non-free firmware built-in in case you
need those:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/images-including-firmware/

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com