Re: syslinux version for experimental, please sponsor

Hi Lukas,

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 07:02:43PM +0100, Lukas Schwaighofer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've packaged a new version of syslinux based on the current syslinux
>git state.  This allows dropping 12 of the patches of our patch queue,
>leaving only few of which I have forwarded most to upstream :) .  While
>I would prefer upstream releasing a new version or pre-release, I think
>that having such a huge patch queue is worse than packaging syslinux
>from its git repository directly.  I've experimented quite a bit with
>this version and have not encountered any problems so far.
>
>Apart from updating to a new version, the only notable change is that I
>added upstream's diagnostic utilities and special purpose MBRs (which
>are needed in a few special cases) to the package.  This should give us
>more options when dealing with bug reports.  The files only have
>negligible size so I decided against introducing a new binary package
>for them.
>
>I hope that this update also fixes the unreproducible builds on i386
>reported by the reproducible builds project.  At least the instances
>where "ar" is passed object files in a non-deterministic order that I
>found in the build logs should now be deterministic.
>
>I do not want to upload a new version of syslinux to unstable until the
>next stretch point release:  I want to keep the codebase in testing
>similar to the stretch-pu so we get more testing of that version.
>
>I've chosen 6.04~git… as a version number, since upstream has already
>increased the version number to 6.04.  The version number allows me to
>update to 6.04~preN if upstream publishes another pre-release (without
>having to change the epoch).
>
>The version for experimental is available in the git repository from the
>debian/experimental branch which I've just pushed:
>    https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-cd/syslinux.git

All looks good, except...

gbp:error: Error creating syslinux_6.04~git20171011.af7e95c3+dfsg1.orig.tar.xz: Pristine-tar couldn't checkout "syslinux_6.04~git20171011.af7e95c3+dfsg1.orig.tar.xz": fatal: Path 'syslinux_6.04~git20171011.af7e95c3+dfsg1.orig.tar.xz.delta' does not exist in 'refs/heads/pristine-tar'

Did you forget to push the pristine-tar branch maybe?

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.
 - @torproject