Re: Is there a text console flavor available of the Debian 9 (Stretch) Live CD installer?

Hi Jason,

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 09:51:51AM -0700, Jason Dommasch wrote:
>Is there a text console flavor available of the Debian 9 (Stretch) Live CD
>installer?
>
>On the Live Install Images web page (https://www.debian.org/CD/live/), it says
>that the live images come in several flavors for desktop environments, and one
>text console flavor: standard.
>
>There was a text console flavor for Debian 8:
>https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/8.8.0-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/
>
>I don't see one listed for Debian 9:
>https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/9.0.0-live/amd64/iso-hybrid
>
>Has the text console Live CD installer been discontinued?

I'm afraid so for now, yes. It could come back in a future release,
but we'll need help to make it happen. The live images we're building
are based on the live-task-* metapackages. We need somebody to work
out what's wanted for a "standard" or "console" image, put together a
matching live-task-foo metapackage and commit to maintaining it...

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess