DebianLive images are not for installing ?

Hello,
 I am sorry to be a bother, there seems to be a "rumour" of sorts,
some people are claiming the Debian 9 live images can not be used
to install Debian.
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=647025#p647019
"quoted"To point out first, it seems the Live image of Stretch is not for installation purposes, as others here have already discovered."end qouted".

  I could not find anything in the Debian documentation confirming this,
but in any event, I am wondering if any one can confirm this, or is it
a myth ? It seems odd that Debian would produce a live image that can not
be used to install as well.
 Thank you,
 P.S. I am not subscribed to the list, but will check the archives
for responses.
Thank you again