Re: Let user choose whether to install security updates.

Hi,

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 02:59:33 +0800
奧田愛美 <okudayukiko0@yandex.com> wrote:
> In some asia countries, download speed that download packages from security.debian.org is very slow.

 Which Asia country?
 We already provide security.d.o in Japan and works well for me, so
 please check which security.d.o mirror you're using.

$ nslookup security.debian.org
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   security.debian.org
Address: 133.242.99.74

$ nslookup 133.242.99.74
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
74.99.242.133.in-addr.arpa      name = setoguchi.debian.org.

 And it's not wise decision to give choice to whether to install
 security updates - since it is "security" issue, not only problem
 for its user but it affects other users, by compromised hosts attacks
 to other users as a part of botnet.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org