Re: Why there is no encryption if I download files from cdimage.debian.org ?

Le 03/07/2016 à 14:51, german398@ya.ru a écrit :
> When I visit cdimage.debian.org I see that connection IS encrypted. But if I, for example, try to download a torrent file and go to
> to cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.5.0/i386/bt-cd/, then out of blue connection becomes unprotected. I know that there are GPG signatures, but
> I think that it's a bit reckless anyway, what if potential attacker will notice what particular file I downloaded? For example, he saw that it was
>  cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.5.0/amd64/bt-cd/debian-8.5.0-amd64-kde-CD-1.iso.torrent, so he will know that my computer is a 64-bit PC and
> it uses KDE + the latest 64-bit Debian Stable.

Hi
If you're concerned about being tracked by your internet traffic when
downloading the debian cds, then use tor to do the download.
After that you can setup apt-tor to avoid the same kind of tracking when
doing apt updates ( see
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/apt-transport-tor )
Emmanuel