Re: I have available missing older files for Debian archive (debian-30r0-i386 verified; also unverified: debian-21r0-i386-binary-1)
- To: "Steve McIntyre" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: I have available missing older files for Debian archive (debian-30r0-i386 verified; also unverified: debian-21r0-i386-binary-1)
- From: "Michael Paoli" <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 06:49:13 -0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20141116014318.GI28542@einval.com>
- References: <email@example.com> <20140717141251.GA12012@einval.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20140801125259.GC2806@einval.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20141116014318.GI28542@einval.com>
Steve McIntyre, et. al.,
The data is still up and hosted thus far ...
but not high availability nor high bandwidth - that changed several
I'll be thinning it out, though, to only what's
needed to restore/recreate the bits that are missing from the debian
archives and that can't also be restored from other location(s)
available on-line, notably:
And will probably eventually stop hosting the data (e.g. like maybe
about 90 days from now). Have had it up and available for years - that
ought be quite long enough.
From: "Steve McIntyre" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: I have available missing older files for Debian archive
(debian-30r0-i386 verified; also unverified:
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 01:43:18 +0000
On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 09:50:12AM -0800, Michael Paoli wrote:
Did you manage to grab these yet for the Debian archive? I still have
them up and available thus far, but don't yet see in the Apache logs
evidence that they've been retrieved (at least beyond the README file).
Anyway, the basic "how to" and what's available, etc., remains at:
Let me know sometime.
I've been completely swamped in the last few weeks with several
conferences to attend, and one to organise. However, that doesn't
excuse my being rude in not replying to your previous emails. :-(
Please accept my sincere apologies for not getting back to you lately.
I *have* now downloaded the files you've provided - you'll probably
have seen log entries showing downloads from free.hands.com, aka
ftp.uk.debian.org. I'll start working through those files shortly, to
fill in whatever gaps I can in the snapshots we're hosting.
Thanks *very* much for your help!
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.
We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.