Re: Tentative last d-i release for 2015?

On 17/12/15 18:02, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> (2015-12-13):
>> We're getting close to start the Perl transition. I guess there are packages in
>> there building udebs, and I guess the transition won't be over by the weekend
>> (so the block may be alright, and in any case we could wait a couple of days if
>> things happened to be ready).
>
> It would have been nice to leave me a chance to upload d-i before starting perl…

My apologies. I didn't think this through... I guess we've been waiting for this
transition for so long that I just was too happy to be able to start it. I guess
I also thought you were building d-i out of testing, and that's why I said we
could wait (for the migration) to happen until the block was lifted. My bad.

Not sure if it helps, but at this rate, we will have rebuilt everything on the
"fast" architectures (everywhere except mips*) by the end of today. Migration to
testing will take longer as there are issues to sort out, though again I don't
know if that is a problem for you or if having an installable sid is enough.

Again, sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

Cheers,
Emilio