Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 05:37:54PM +0000, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
>On 2015-11-12 21:04:46, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> What I'm asking for, is only that a cat is called a cat. So if you are
>> creating a cloud images with stable + backports, state it clearly, don't
>> pretend it is "pure" stable, because it is not. There's nothing bad
>> about using stable-backports. If the image is made out of Debian, with
>> software that isn't even uploaded to Sid, then IMO, it can't be called
>> "official Debian", because it's effectively a derivative.
>
>I see your point but really is it all about semantics and perception? So lets
>forget about word 'official' anywhere in the image names we're providing or
>going to provide. Just call it ex 'Jessie Debian Cloud Image' or 'Debian Cloud
>Image - Jessie' and then there is no word about stable or official and as long
>as it's going to be build and published by DDs and no one will try to us for
>those images a word 'official' (all are treated equally) IMO it should be ok.

If there are "Debian" images, whether they're described as *official*
or not, we should be striving to make them trustable by our
users. Anything less will reflect badly on us and the cloud providers
using / linking to them. They need to be 100% clear about what's in
them and where they've come from.

I hope that's something we can all agree on?

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/