Re: Debian images on Microsoft Azure cloud

On 11/12/2015 04:06 PM, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Nov 12, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> changes, isn't a point of argumentation (see my previous mail). All of
>> the packages must be taken from stable, unchanged, and if some are taken
>> from backports, this must be explicit, and the image shouldn't be called
>> "stable Debian". Official, yes, but not stable (maybe stable + some
>> backports would be ok...).
> While this is techically true, I do not think that it would also be
> helpful in any way.

Helpful for who?

I don't think it's helpful for the project to let $cloud-provider to do
as his pleased with our Debian trademark, and call whatever as "Debian
stable", just because it makes sense for the marketing department. We
have long established rules, I don't see why they wouldn't apply for the
"official Debian" cloud images.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)