Re: Preparing d-i Stretch Alpha 4

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2015-10-25):
> On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 05:58:28PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >XFCE and KDE both seem to work fine. \o/

Great.

> As does Gnome on real hardware. Sigh at YA place where Gnome looks to
> be failing in VM installations. :-(

That (especially given Ben's follow-up) doesn't worry me too much, I'll
add it to errata.

> Testing has also confirmed:
>
>  * the fix for the stupid systemd /etc/mtab sym-link issue works fine

Thanks.

>  * xfs on / is a no-go with Grub

OK, errata plus reference to a bug report it is.

> Otherwise, I think we look good. Do you want me to sign and publish?

A totally broken gnome would have gotten me a bit worried and I would
have had to think about it a bit more. Given the end results, I think
going ahead and signing/publishing looks good to me, please go ahead.

And many thanks for your work.

Mraw,
KiBi.