mips CDs (was Re: Dropping CDs entirely?! (was: Stretch Alpha 3 images))

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 03:35:48PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>On 2015-09-06 14:25, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> > I have no idea if they support booting over a
>> > CD-ROM or USB image. Does someone known if we can do so on a Loongson 3
>> > or Octeon machine?

>> Vladimir Serbinenko directly.
>
>GRUB only works on the Loongson 2 machines, not the Loongson 3 ones.
>Given we are going to drop the Loongson 2 support soon, there is no
>point trying to get it working for CD-ROM booting.

ACK. We're similar on armel and armhf too. What *would* be useful on
the CD/DVD for people wanting to start the installer by hand, though?
I'm thinking for people ready to copy bits onto an SD card or
similar...

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds