document various download options/locations for CD images

Hi all

I have committed the patch in former comment:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=145;filename=patch1_607193.diff;att=1;bug=607193

I've been exploring the website organization in order to gather all the
pages where we should link to that warning, and frankly, I see *lots* of
pages with links to images, and I'm not sure if we want to include
links to the unofficial images in each individual place:

https://www.debian.org/distrib/
https://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
https://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/
https://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/
https://www.debian.org/CD/live/
https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

And, on the other side, I see that there are at least two entities
related to images including nonfree firmware:

1.- In webwml/english/template/debian/release_images.wml

# multi-arch cannot be linked as is, as we don't know which archs it
include (used in the filename)
<define-tag small-non-free-cd-images>
<images-list
url="http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/<current-nonfree-cd-release-dirname/>/@ARCH@/iso-cd/firmware-<current-nonfree-cd-release-filename/>-@ARCH@-netinst.iso"
arch="amd64 i386 powerpc" />
</define-tag>

2.- In webwml/english/template/debian/release_info.wml

<define-tag
current-nonfree-cd-release-dirname><current-cd-release/></define-tag>
<define-tag
current-nonfree-cd-release-filename><current-nonfree-cd-release-dirname/></define-tag>

But only one of them is showed in
https://www.debian.org/releases/[squeeze|wheezy|jessie]/debian-installer/

So, frankly, I'm not sure how to resume the work on this bug.

My proposal would be to add a new page "unofficial" with links to all
the unofficial images for each release

https://www.debian.org/releases/[squeeze|wheezy|jessie]/debian-installer/unofficial

And ideally, define tags for each group of images (if the two above tags
don't include all of them).

I suppose the whole CD and distrib sections need a complete
rewriting/merging in order to reduce the places where link to images are
showed, to avoid duplicity. And my proposal does not help on that, either...

CC'ing debian-cd and debian-boot.

I'm willing to work in this bug (as well as in the distrib/CD merging).
I can prepare patches, commit them when other people ACK, and track this
bug until it gets fixed. But I would need directions (do we want a
single place with all the images? if not, how to split trying to avoid
duplicity?

Regards

--
Laura Arjona