Re: kFreeBSD CD/DVD builds for Jessie

Hi Steve,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> I know that the kFreeBSD ports are not being officially released
> [1]. What plans (if any) have been made for any *un*official releases?
> I've just removed the BSD builds from the debian-cd architecture lists
> in preparation for next weekend, but I've not heard anything more...

kfreebsd as a whole, I feel has been in a releaseable state for some
months (massive improvement over wheezy, and no bugs that are absolutely
RC).  I'd still like to make a stable release out of it.

But since we need to move it to a jessie-kfreebsd suite first, I think
we are behind schedule with that.  I'm not familiar in that area, but
Christoph was speaking with ftpmaster about it.

I expect it will require changes in debian-installer (for new repository
URLs), and there are other d-i issues I'd quite like to patch if
possible, and lots of testing I wanted to do (incl. of CD images).
Given how busy I am at the  moment, I couldn't do that in time for the
official release.

Would it be reasonable and practical - even preferable - to postpone
release of kfreebsd until at least 1-2 weeks after the official release?

Thanks,
Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain