Re: Draft for D-I Jessie RC2

Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org> (2015-03-26):
> Title:
> Network connectivity required during hd-media installs on several
> armel/armhf/arm64 platforms
>
> Text:
> On several armel/armhf/arm64 platforms, hd-media based installs
> which
>
> a) use only the first CD/DVD and
> b) have not been configured to use a network mirror
>
> fail in the "make the system bootable" step.  The reason is that
> to make the system bootable, those platforms require the
> u-boot-tools package, which is not available on the first CD/DVD.
> If a network mirror has been configured during the installation,
> the missing package is downloaded automatically and the
> installation succeeds.

Thanks, just committed this:

  <dt>Network connectivity required during hd-media installs on several armel/armhf/arm64 platforms</dt>
  <dd>On several armel/armhf/arm64 platforms, hd-media based installs
    which:
    <ul>
      <li>use only the first CD/DVD and</li>
      <li>have not been configured to use a network mirror</li>
    </ul>
    fail in the <q>make the system bootable</q> step. The reason is
    that to make the system bootable, those platforms require the
    <code>u-boot-tools</code> package, which is not available on the
    first CD/DVD. If a network mirror has been configured during the
    installation, the missing package is downloaded automatically and
    the installation succeeds.
    <b>Status:</b> A bug fix
    for <a href="https://bugs.debian.org/780994";>#780994</a> (which
    also affects Jessie RC 1) should be merged for Jessie RC 3.
  </dd>

with the following comments on #debian-www:

    23:24:04 [ KiBi] so, dl → dd → ul → li looks a bit bleh, but seems to be 4.01 Strict compliant
    23:24:34 [ KiBi] feel free to adjust to your liking if you find a better way

Also, same comment as in my previous mail:

Feel free to adjust if needs be, by committing to the cvs repository, or
by contacting debian-www people; I'll be offline for a few days shortly.

Mraw,
KiBi.