Aw: Re: Re: Re: preseed with netboot ISO

> Gesendet: Freitag, 19. Dezember 2014 um 15:01 Uhr
> Von: "Ian Campbell" <ijc@hellion.org.uk>
>
> TBH you are chopping and changing between so many different scenarios
> that I'm not really sure what you are saying works and doesn't any more.

Let me give a summary:
[1] "official" netboot ISO (< 20 MB)
a) preseed isn't detected when it's in the root of ISO and kernel parameters are passed in ISOLINUX,
b) preseed is detect when it's baked into initrd.gz (no neet for kernel parameters at all)

[2] "official" netinstall ISO (~ 250 MB):
a) preseed is detected when it's in the root of ISO and kernel parameters are passed in ISOLINUX,
b) preseed is detect when it's baked into initrd.gz (no neet for kernel parameters at all).

[3] "inofficial" homebrewn netboot ISO
a) preseed is detected when it's in the root of ISO and kernel parameters are passed in ISOLINUX,
b) preseed is detect when it's baked into initrd.gz (no neet for kernel parameters at all).

referenzces:
[1] http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
[2] http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/7.7.0/amd64/iso-cd/debian-7.7.0-amd64-netinst.iso
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Build using latest Wheezy stable code from GIT:
git clone http://anonscm.debian.org/git/d-i/debian-installer.git --branch wheezy --single-branch

> Perhaps Wheezy didn't support what you are trying to do and Jessie does?

I never touched Jessie. I'll wait until it gets stable