Re: preseed with netboot ISO

Hi,

Philip Hands wrote:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso

The paragraph "Create new image" describes the production
of an El Torito bootable image for BIOS. I.e. no isohybrid for
USB stick on BIOS and no UEFI.

Further, Debian's cdrecord->wodim is fewly suitable for DVD
burning.

Above article refers to
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CD
where "Create new image" is outdated in the same way.

Both articles lack a hint about the file in the ISO image
which tells how the ISO was packed up:
  /.disk/mkisofs
It can be used to determine the boot options. (Well, you
need to study man xorrisofs or ask at bug-xorriso@gnu.org
in order to determine which options can be omitted.)

If there is interest by someone who has edit permission
for the wiki, then i would be willing to help with updating
these articles.

(We could also explore the opportunities of ISO multi-session
 instead of unpacking the whole ISO to a hard disk tree.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas