Re: preseed with netboot ISO

Lars-Daniel Weber <Lars-Daniel.Weber@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I've added a preseed file to the netboot "mini" ISO [1], but the preseed can't be loaded.
> The same way I've tried it to the "normal" netinstall ISO [2] - it
> worked as always.

I guess you're doing this?

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed/EditIso

If so, the thing that makes that works is this:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/d-i/preseed.git/tree/debian-installer-startup.d/S35initrd-preseed

which needs to end up in /lib/debian-installer-startup.d

> Isn't the mini.iso capable of using preseeds? I like its small size :D

If you bring up a console (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F2) when having booted from the
mini.iso, and check if the S35initrd-preseed file is in place.  My guess
is that the mini.iso does not include initrd-pressed.udeb.

If so, adding 'initrd-pressed' to pkg-lists/local in the build dir might
do the trick.  Alternatively, there's some way of getting extra udebs to
be installed via presseding IIRC (which you could do by editing the
syslinux config).

Cheers, Phil.