Re: Adding ppc64el support in debian-cd

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 12:33:01AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 10:02:34AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:47:10PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>> > The tarball should be decompressed in the root of the CD-ROM, while the
>> > kernel and initrd should be placed in the /install directory. The ISO
>> > image should be generated with the --chrp-boot argument. Beside that the
>> > default options of genisoimage should be used, there is no need to
>> > specify any strange HFS option like on powerpc (Note: I only tested that
>> > on a VM using SLOF, it will be nice if someone with access to bare metal
>> > can confirm that).
>> >
>> > Don't hesitate to ask more details if needed. I will tell you once GRUB
>> > is fixed and all these files are in place on d-i.debian.org.
>>
>> GRUB is now fixed, and the latest daily build of d-i does have the CDROM
>> files available:
>>
>> http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/ppc64el/daily/cdrom/
>
>Please find attached a patch to add ppc64el support to debian-cd. Could
>you please merge it?

Done, and pushed.

I've also just added ppc64el to the daily and weekly build config -
let's see how well it works!

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer