Re: Help with debian-cd's UEFI boot on a Debian derivative

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 06:50:36PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>On Wed, 09 Jul 2014, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 12:22:50PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>> >So looking further into d-i changes related to this, I found this:
>> >http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=d-i/debian-installer.git;a=commitdiff;h=81109010691ee0fc9357bd10be8fe116b9bb9f84
>> >
>> >And the debian-installer images we generated thus have this change
>> >too. Is it possible that this change works with grub 2.0 but not
>> >1.99 of wheezy?
>>
>> Ooh, maybe. It's *possible*, I'm not sure tbh. For Wheezy CD builds we
>> still use the Wheezy branch of debian-cd, so I've not tested that
>> combo.
>
>So I rebuilt d-i images with this commit reverted and then rebuilt
>my ISO image with the new d-i images, and the problem is gone.

Excellent!

>Thanks for your help!

No problem, glad you've got there. I didn't think I did much... :-)

>I double checked that the current Debian weekly build boots fine, in other
>word this change works well with grub 2, but not with grub 1.99.

ACK, thanks for that.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.