Re: Help with debian-cd's UEFI boot on a Debian derivative

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 12:22:50PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >So looking further into d-i changes related to this, I found this:
> >http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=d-i/debian-installer.git;a=commitdiff;h=81109010691ee0fc9357bd10be8fe116b9bb9f84
> >
> >And the debian-installer images we generated thus have this change
> >too. Is it possible that this change works with grub 2.0 but not
> >1.99 of wheezy?
>
> Ooh, maybe. It's *possible*, I'm not sure tbh. For Wheezy CD builds we
> still use the Wheezy branch of debian-cd, so I've not tested that
> combo.

So I rebuilt d-i images with this commit reverted and then rebuilt
my ISO image with the new d-i images, and the problem is gone.

Thanks for your help!

I double checked that the current Debian weekly build boots fine, in other
word this change works well with grub 2, but not with grub 1.99.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/