Re: Help with debian-cd's UEFI boot on a Debian derivative

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 12:22:50PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>On Wed, 09 Jul 2014, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>> We use the Debian grub package unchanged. What changed here is
>> that we have rebuilt debian-installer images which picked those
>> supplementary modules.
>
>So looking further into d-i changes related to this, I found this:
>http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=d-i/debian-installer.git;a=commitdiff;h=81109010691ee0fc9357bd10be8fe116b9bb9f84
>
>And the debian-installer images we generated thus have this change
>too. Is it possible that this change works with grub 2.0 but not
>1.99 of wheezy?

Ooh, maybe. It's *possible*, I'm not sure tbh. For Wheezy CD builds we
still use the Wheezy branch of debian-cd, so I've not tested that
combo.

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead