Hi folks, JFYI: | kibi@franck:~$ head -3 hints/kibi | # 2013-10-13 | # d-i: improve l10n coverage (https://lists.debian.org/20131013202314.GD31284@mraw.org) | urgent console-setup/1.102 Also urgented 2 packages for this morning's run in preparation for this first d-i upload. Maybe looking at two uploads before actually building cdimages, depending on how quickly we can find obvious bugs. Mraw, KiBi.
--- Begin Message ---
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Status of the first post-wheezy upload to sid
- From: Cyril Brulebois <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:23:14 +0200
- Message-id: <20131013202314.GD31284@mraw.org>
- In-reply-to: <20131013151354.GA4021@mraw.org>
- References: <20131013001113.GE26730@mraw.org> <20131013125655.GO1714@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org> <20131013141716.GB7893@mraw.org> <20131013150208.GR1714@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org> <20131013151354.GA4021@mraw.org>Cyril Brulebois <email@example.com> (2013-10-13): > I think that the above confirms your thoughts, so I'll probably proceed > with a d-i upload to unstable later today. FWIW we get a warning for all languages, defaulting to not continuing the installation due to possible untranslated screens. That doesn't look too nice to me, and I'm tempted to push console-setup into testing ASAP to get a better translation status and a better installation experience. console-setup diff from testing is: | .gitignore | 612 ---------------------------------------------------- | Fonts/.gitignore | 5 | Keyboard/.gitignore | 8 | acm/.gitignore | 2 | debian/.gitignore | 17 - | debian/changelog | 36 +++ | debian/po/ar.po | 14 - | debian/po/bg.po | 13 - | debian/po/cs.po | 6 | debian/po/da.po | 9 | debian/po/de.po | 21 - | debian/po/el.po | 10 | debian/po/eo.po | 10 | debian/po/es.po | 8 | debian/po/fr.po | 4 | debian/po/ga.po | 4 | debian/po/gu.po | 6 | debian/po/hr.po | 6 | debian/po/is.po | 16 - | debian/po/it.po | 10 | debian/po/ja.po | 4 | debian/po/kk.po | 8 | debian/po/kn.po | 8 | debian/po/lv.po | 13 - | debian/po/ml.po | 27 +- | debian/po/mr.po | 8 | debian/po/nb.po | 12 - | debian/po/pl.po | 33 +- | debian/po/ru.po | 60 ++--- | debian/po/sr.po | 8 | debian/po/tg.po | 4 | debian/po/th.po | 4 | debian/po/tr.po | 7 | debian/po/ug.po | 14 - | debian/po/uk.po | 15 - | debian/po/zh_TW.po | 8 | 36 files changed, 220 insertions(+), 830 deletions(-) meaning no code changes. Additionally, its only shipping arch: all packages means we don't have any builds to wait for. I also noticed missing fonts for Asian languages, some fun with apt-setup (I believe) failing to find bits on the mirrors (but letting the user continue after ACKing a warning screen); speakup seems also buggy (confirmed by Samuel a few minutes ago). The installation process went through though. The fonts and speakup issues are unfortunate and I'll try to track them down ASAP; the idea being getting an image out being to have a reference image, we'll have to live with a few "known bugs", even if they're quite nasty for some users… Mraw, KiBi.
Description: Digital signature
--- End Message ---
Description: Digital signature