Re: Tasks and CD sizes again

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 02:59:33PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>Just put up updated details at
>
>  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/tmp/new-tasks/2012-07-30/
>
>Gnome and KDE are looking closer, but still not there yet. Are we
>going to get dpkg xz support in the archive soon?
>
>Also: something weird on this week's light CD build. For some reason
>we've now got task-gnome-desktop included ahead of task-xfce-desktop.
>Needs investigating...

Sussed that bit:

task=lxde-desktop isn't totally satisfiable at the moment due to a
depends/recommends chain to libreoffice-gcj. On top of that,
task-desktop recommends all the desktops in the order:

 task-gnome-desktop | task-kde-desktop | task-lxde-desktop | task-xfce-desktop

Each of these desktop tasks also *depend* on task-desktop, which is
less than ideal - circular deps ahoy! We then get task-lxde-desktop ->
task-desktop -> task-gnome-desktop. Not all that useful...

I'm thinking we should possibly drop one of these deps in the loop
between task-$DESKTOP-desktop and task-desktop. Joey, what do you
think?

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]