Wheezy-testing-DVD1 busybox KDE

cd: debian-testing-i386-DVD-1.iso
version: 2012-06-11

I tried installing debian-testing-i386-DVD1.iso in my computer.
I chose Alternative Desktop / KDE,
I chose English /UK .
Otherwise I used default settings.
DHCP failed because I do not have it.
So I opted for not installing network at this time.

Installation of base system failed, the error message stated
"An error was returned while trying to install the busybox package
onto the target system."
"Check /var/log/syslog or see virtual console 4 for details."

Virtual console 4 stated ..."Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run
apt-get update or try with --f
ix-missing?"...
"error: exiting on error
base-installer/kernel/failed-package-install".

The computer refused to proceed because Installation of Base System
had not completed.

My computer has an Authentic Amd Duron processor, and 256M plus 128M
of RAM.
It is a PowerMate, by NEC.

I tried again wit the default Install, and obtained the same result.

Will stable Wheezy work on my old computers?

Best regards
Richard Betham