Re: The curious case of openjdk-6-jre-headless_6b24-1.11.1-3_amd64.deb in d7.01alpha

On Sat, 19 May 2012, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> However, I notice your download rate is quite small, so I wouldn't rule
> out varnish or something else killing your connection if it takes a long
> time.
>
> That resuming a download does not work might also be a concern that
> warrants further investigation.

With help from our friendly DSA member from varnish we are now running a
newer version of varnish, the caching proxy.

Download resumes work now, so you should be able to fetch things
successfully.

Connections that take longer than 10 minutes to download things will
still get cut off, but since we now support resumes that's less of an
issue.  This will be fixed properly once a newer varnish version makes
it into squeeze-backports.

Thanks,
weasel