Re: Weekly "wheezy" from jigdo file md5sum errors

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 09:10:44AM -0700, alex@laseroffice.it wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 07:20:22AM -0700, alex@laseroffice.it wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> I haven't finished jigdo-building and checksumming *all* of these
>> images, but I'm seeing no issues from the first 6 of the amd64 DVDs so
>> far. So, questions:
>>
>>  1) do you get a consistent set of failures each time you run the
>>     md5sum command?
>
>Sorry,
>Errors of ISO image are different between different weeks.
>For example, the previous disks, amd64 DVD ISO disk 1 was Ok.
>Re-run on to the same ISO images get the same result, of course.

OK, just checking. I've seen some systems with I/O or memory
corruption in the past where repeatedly running md5sum on a file would
give different results each time...

>>  2) what mirror are you using, and where are you getting the jigdo
>>     files from?
>
>mirror:
>
># cat .jigdo-lite
>debianMirror='http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/debian/'
>nonusMirror='http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian-non-US/'
>
>jigdo file from:
>
>ftp://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/jigdo-dvd
>ftp://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/jigdo-dvd

OK, those are exactly the jigdo files I'm using. Does jigdo report any
errors when making the images?

"When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb." -- Steven M. Haflich