Re: possible bug or misconfiguration on bttracker.debian.org

On Sun, 4 Mar 2012, Julian Mostacero wrote:

Today [March 4, 2012, UTC 19:42] on IRC channel # debian, someone (nickname: <Sebboh>) made the following observation about bttracker: < Sebboh> Debian runs a bittorrent tracker, presumably primarily for installer CD torrents. The debian-installer team provides .torrent downloads for the daily-built CD images.. These .torrents are set up to use bttracker.debian.org ... But the tracker running there REJECTS the daily CD image torrents. See? The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. < Sebboh> I don't know the right place to report this. If you know how to report this bug/misconfiguration, please copy/paste my report and send it along. Otherwise, nothing.. Have a good day!

This, or #debian-cd is the correct place. And the daily built torrents are more of an artifact of the build process than anything useful, keeping up with daily builds for seeding will likely not be successful.

And if the images won't have reliable seeds, there is no point in authorizing them in the tracker either, to give a sooner and clearer error message.

/Mattias Wadenstein