Re: [cd-including-firmware] kernel panic: no init found

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 12:07:59AM +0800, Aron Xu wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 00:02, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>>
>> OK, that works for me fine too, at least as far as asking about disk
>> partitioning (so it's clearly found the rest of the d-i system in the
>> initramfs OK). Do any of the other installation images work OK for you
>> on that machine? What happens if you don't use the "expert install"
>> option?
>
>The official images works for me, both CD1 and netinst. The only thing
>I need is to put the bnx2 firmware on another USB stick so d-i can
>acquire it during installation. Choosing "normal install" method does
>not work either, at least the CUI one.

OK, that's really weird. Can you please verify the image you have?
There's no differences between the image with firmware and the
standard images that should be able to cause this difference in
behaviour...!

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.