Re: Draft: policy for vendors listed on Debian website

On Wednesday 30 November 2011 20:32:20 Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!

Hi,

> Please do not Cc: me, I read the debian-www@ list.

> to the CD images.  For their information, the discussion started at:
>
>   <http://lists.debian.org/20111013002342.GC742@javifsp.no-ip.org>
>
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 02:37:48 +0100, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:

> Actually, after having read again David's reply and the link he posted
> (which I re-added), I think the verify page should be corrected to warn
> that we are talking about CD *images*, not the content of them:

Actually, we can talk of both; JFYI: http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#verify
now contains instructions how to *authenticate* and *verify*:
a) Debian ISO images.
b) Already burnt optical discs (claiming to contain Debian), you have been
given by others, or resp. you've burnt yourself.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>