queries about CONF.sh and README

Hi all,
I have two questions about configuration options in CONF.sh, and a
statement in the README.

The two options are these:

# Set this if the recommended packages should be skipped when adding
# package on the CD.  The default is 'false'.
export NORECOMMENDS=1

# Set this if the suggested packages should be skipped when adding
# package on the CD.  The default is 'true'.
#export NOSUGGESTS=1

does 'the default' here refer to the debian-cd backend, or to what the
config is meant to say? both of these were modifed (first uncommented,
second commented) without any related changes to the codebase, and no
particular reason given in the commit message. As it stands i find it
rather confusing, so any help here would be great.

The README question should be easier: Is the following text still true?

How to build a CD set - step by step

If you haven't already, change to the /usr/share/debian-cd/ directory
(or, alternatively, set the variable BASEDIR in CONF.sh to point
there).

thanks in advance,
kk

--