Re: Becoming an official mirror?

On 18:14 Thu 29 Jul     , Carsten Otto wrote:
> Dear Debian CD mirror team,

Hi,

> I am one of the administrators of ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, which also
> offers debian-cd and recently got upgraded to 10 GBit/sec. The data
> currently is pushed from ftp.de.debian.org.
>
> As far as I can see, all downloads from the main server get served from
> the main swedish mirror (and maybe some slaves). I know that with Debian
> you rarely need CDs (which is very nice), but many other projects like
> OpenSUSE and Ubuntu employ some kind of distribution system to serve
> CD/DVD images (as I side note, I'd love to see that for Debian's
> 'apt-get' installs, too! Is there such an initiative already?).

Im not sure about what you mean here..

If it is that you want to install software from debian CDs/DVDs, then the
apt-cdrom tool is your friend. You can use CDs/DVDs as source and use them to
install debian packages.

We provide DVDs and CDs which contains the whole debian archive.
http://www.debian.org/CD/

Greetings,
--
Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>