Re: To download Debian ISOs

M Venkatapathy . wrote:
>Could anyone tell me where I can find the Debian DVD ISo images
>available for download via HTTP?
>
>Currently I downloaded the DVD-1 from the below link:
>http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.5/ia64/iso-dvd/
>
>I think this link is supposed to have all the 5 DVD ISOs, but has only one.

Do you really have an Intel Itanium (ia64) computer? That one is very
rare. Most people wanting to install 64-bit Linux need the amd64
version, which also supports most current Intel 64-bit systems. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itanium
for the differences.

Try this link for the x86-64 processor:
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.5/amd64/iso-dvd/

Due to resource limitations only the most commonly needed Debian CDs and
DVDs are available for direct download. Your choices are explained more
fully here:
http://www.debian.org/CD/

--
Don Wright - just another Debian user